Now that I’ve reviewed three books (wow, I guess I can commit if I really, really try!), I have a bit of a perspective on how I’ve been doing. This is what I’ve picked up on thus far
- I’ve gotten to touch on pretty varied material in three books: religion and modern life, personal history, and biblical fiction.
- I’ve traveled to ancient times, the middle ages and modern day US.
- I have read both fiction and non fiction
- I had a chance to ask myself some pretty important questions
- I am enjoying reading with a critical eye and am skimming less than I normally do when reading
- I am actually retaining the information that I am reading about much more so than before
- I had a really hard time taking notes and keeping track of my thoughts
- I didn’t always care for the choices of what authors included or didn’t include in the work
- I am still struggling with the format of the blog
- I am not quite sure what works and what doesn’t
- I am still a bit intimidated at the scope of this blog that I am taking on
One response to “With a few reviews under my belt”
I appreciate your openness as you engage in this new venture. I’ve been reviewing books for a long time, and value the fact that posting reviews in a blog can help me reach out to people I’d never otherwise meet. Your sister suggested I look at your site. So that concept is already at work for you as I signed up to get notices whenever you add a post. If you want to see some of my reviews, visit petergpollak.com and click on the blog menu link.
LikeLiked by 1 person