I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Lady Blogger @https://findmeatthelibrary.wordpress.com/ My favorite word in the world, after “book” of course, is the library and it’s in her blog title! So check her out!
For this award, your tagger gives you eleven questions to answer, and then you give 11 questions for the people you tag! Let’s get started with her questions!
- How would you describe your taste in music? Well, that’s an unusual one. I’ve never had anyone ask me that question. I wouldn’t really describe it as anything other than my own. It’s not too eclectic or predictable. I tend to drift more towards pop music and at one point in my life, I was much more a rock music fan probably because I wasn’t really all that happy in my life then.
- Have you ever turned down a recommended book because it looked bad, but read it years later and loved it? Absolutely. Harry Potter would be a great example of that. All throughout college, several of my friends kept telling me how fun it was and I just kept brushing them off thinking that it was basically a kid’s book and I didn’t read such things. In my late 20s, I finally decided to read it and to my own surprise enjoyed it quite a great deal. Let’s be clear though, I didn’t LOVE it, but I enjoyed it very much.
- Rank the holidays from most to least favorite. Well, I am Jewish so the holidays to me are those that are practiced in my faith or those of my country of residence, United States. Hannukah has always been my favorite because I love candles and chocolate and little presents you receive. It’s closely followed by New Year’s but the way it was celebrated in Ukraine where I grew up: with a tree, decorations, party food, and of course presents-this might remind some people of American Christmas. I also really enjoy Thanksgiving because of all the yummy food and the day off from work. I enjoy Valentine’s because of the amount of thought that Ken always puts into celebrating us. And I think I would have loved Halloween if I had grown up with it because dressing up in costumes was always one of my favorite things to do, yeah I ransacked my mom’s closet when she was at work. Who didn’t do that?
- What are you looking forward to most in the last half of 2015? I look forward to having less work and being less stressed out. I also hope to be more accepting of the changes in my life and to become more hopeful for the future.
- Of all the holidays, which one is your favorite? Well this is just another version of #3 but ok. My favorite holiday is my birthday. Sorry but I am at least honest 🙂
- How do you pick the next book to read? It really depends on the state of mind I am in. When I was younger and got my books more so from the library, I would come in and roam the stacks looking for an interesting looking binding which I would then pick up and read the back off. I did that forever. Still do it actually. But these days since I read e-books a lot more, I rely on the recommendations from my friends a lot. Meaning if they’ve read it and liked or they think I would like it, I am quite often willing to give it a read.
- What is the first book that comes to mind when you hear “romance?” Anything written by Danielle Steel
- Do you have a favorite tv show that you could watch over and over? Yep, Sex and the City and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Sometimes Law and Order SVU.
- Where do you get most of your books? Still the library but it’s mostly through e-loans
- What song best describes you? Um…that one I have no idea. Sorry.
- Are you excited for Autumn? Eh, not really. It’s not all that different from summer in the Bay Area these days. It’s all very pretty of course but life doesn’t vary a whole lot season to season here.
- What is your favorite brunch food? Sorry, writing this during breakfast time while waiting for waffles.
- Is there anything about the library you don’t like?
- Do you have any bedtime rituals?
- What’s your favorite game, board, computer or video?
- What’s the one movie that will always, without fail lift your mood?
- Have you ever played the lottery?
- How do you feel about pets?
- What’s your favorite caffenated drink?
- If you could be an extra in any movie adaptation of a book, which would it be?
- Did you keep diaries when you were younger? Do you still?
- What is your not so guilty pleasure book?
I tag everyone!!!!!