A lovely fellow blogger over at The Writes Stuff
nominated me for a Liebster Award. Come check out her blog! it’s my first blogging award thing so I am really excited. It reminds me greatly of online surveys that we all used to send each other via email (don’t you all deny it, you know you did them) telling things about ourselves to our friends. So I get to re-live my twenties, yay! And talk about myself! Yay! So without further adieu, thank you for the nomination and here’s a bit about me! Hope you enjoy this!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Give your readers 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions from the blog who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award.
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I had my nose done! Ha, gotcha! I actually had surgery to fix my deviated septum 10 years ago. Best $200 deductible spent ever!
2. I have vivid memory of understanding how reading finally worked when I was 7.
3. I can read two books at once and not get stories confused but never by the same author.
4. My favorite singer is Darren Hayes formerly of a little band Savage Garden. Anyone remember them? I would pay money to fangirl all over him some day.
5. I can read in Russian but I blame my infernal laziness for not actually actively doing it
6.My left nostril is pierced. I literally pierced it on a whim when passing a tattoo parlor 9 years ago. For some reason it seemed like a brilliantly good idea
7.My boyfriend and I went to the same high school, only a year apart, but never met until 3 years ago. To put it in context, I graduated in 2000.
8. One of my absolute favorite go-to movies is the Keira Knightley version of “Pride and Prejudice.” I’ve watched it at least a dozen times and the absolute romanticness gets me every time.
9. In line with #8, Sailor Moon is my favorite anime of all time because even at the age of 14 I decided that the best love story is the story of two people who seemingly don’t like each other but actually fall in love because they are both awesome.
10. I hand embroidered a wedding canopy or a “chuppah” for my best friend over three years. It’s probably about 4 feet by 5 feet. 11. Oh boy, oh boy, what shall it be? I am ADDICTED to Puzzle and Dragons. It’s a mixture of Pokemon card collecting and Candy Crush matching/fighting. But I refuse to spend actual money to advance in the game.
My nominations:Questions from my nominator:
1. What are you reading right now?
I am currently reading “I shall be near to you” by Erin Lindsay McGabe, a gorgeous love story about a wife that dresses as a man during the Civil War to stay near her husband. I am also getting ready to start “How to be a heroine or what I’ve learned from reading too much” by Samantha Ellis for the blog. I heard a lot of good things about that one and turns out that I can do a Jewish spin on it so that’s my next blog read!
2. What character from a book would you have been best friends with in high school?
Probably Elizabeth Bennett. I tended to like self sufficient girls who took the quiet, shy me under their wings. Now some of them did turn out to be bitches but they brought me to college where I finally met my real people.
3. Do you like to read inside of outside?
I have no preference. The only time I will not dig the outside is if the sun is too bright and I can’t see what I am reading.
4. What was the last book to make you cry?
Not blog related – Jojo Moyes “Me Before you”, I don’t know if I will be able to handle the sequel though duh, I will be reading it. Bloggy one – ” Three Minutes in Poland” by Glenn Kurtz. Holocaust related yes so no original but such a powerful read.
5. What book would you like to see made into a movie/TV Series? I really want to see Dresden Files to be into a TV series again. Its such a great series and its not fair how quickly SyFy gave up on it considering the crap they have on now.
6. If you could live in any book world, what would it by and why?
I know this is going against the rules but honestly I am perfectly at peace with this one. Too many of my favorite books are either set in a time where being a woman sucked or there were too many monsters waiting to chomp on me. If anything, probably Dresden Files because most of the people don’t know about the magic and stuff.
7. What is your biggest reading pet peeve? Oh God, OK so you all might think I am nuts but I can’t stand books with tiny fonts. If I can’t see it, I won’t read it. I will put it right back if it makes my eyeballs hurt. Sorry but I am not sorry. I have astigmatism.
8. What was your favorite childhood book or author? My favorite childhood book was of course in Russian and sadly it had never been translated into English. It’s called “Doroga Uhodit v Dal” or “The Road Goes into the Distance” by Alexandra Brushtein. It’s a coming of age story of a Jewish girl, a child of a doctor at the turn of the 20th century in czarist Russia.
9. Would you rather visit a fictional world from your favorite book or have the characters come into your world?
I would want them to come into mine, going into theirs has too many opportunities for me to get killed.
10. What’s the book genre you read the most?
Literary fiction. I’ve definitely opened my palate to a few good fantasy series and I am still a history nerd at heart but nothing beats a tale of real things and real struggles.
11. If you could change the ending of any book would you? And what book would that be?
Well, the ending of “Gone Girl” really pissed me off. And I would definitely change it.