This comes a bit late in the night but it’s still Tuesday so here is a slice of my childhood courtesy of yet another wonderful list hosted by Broke & Bookish!
So without further adieu, here are my tens!
This is the first literary love of mine. My mom read it in the 60s and she had to share it with me. It tells the story (in Russian and sadly not translated) of a Jewish girl growing up in czarist Russia.
2. Jane Eyre by the one and only Charlotte Bronte.
The BBC version is my favorite film version’s come
3. Angelica series by Anne & Serge Golon.
Sexy French Louis XIV era romance at its best
4. Edgar R Burroughs Tarzan of the Apes. YEEEEEAP.
5. H Rider Haggard King Solomon’s Mines – shades of Indiana Jones
7. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. I was a weird kid. Yes I read it when I was still a kid.
8. Actually didn’t read this particular book but I love the color and I can’t remember the Russian version’s name!
9. Children of Captain Grant by Jules Verne.
Superbly famous miniseries was made of this when I was a kid. The book is about kids of the sea captain marooned on an island and their quest to come home.
10. And finally! Roxelana by Pavlo Zagrebelniy.
The story of the first legal wife of an Ottoman sultan – Roxelana or Hurrem.
Hope you enjoyed these! I certainly enjoyed the trip down the memory lane~
From the fingertips of Eugenia S