I am not good at tooting my own horn so here are some basics, toot worthy or not.
1. I am an Accountant by trade and general preference
2. I work for a Jewish organization and I do happen to be Jewish though it is by far not that common where I work.
3. I happen to have a minor in Jewish Studies
4. I hated learning to read in 1st grade but once the magic light went off in my head, that was it for me.
5. I tend to read about 2 books at once and this year I’ve challenged myself to read 104 books. And I am ahead of schedule!
6. If anything, I am a Reform Jew in my spiritual beliefs, but I highly pick and choose what I choose to follow. For example, you will probably not find me at services ever though I respect those that attend them. It was simply not something I grew up with and feel much connection to.
7. And yes, I grew up in a shtetl. Family lore has it that my great grandfather had a tiny yeshiva in Shargorod or whereabouts in the early 1900s.
8. I have now been happily married to a wonderful man for eight months!
9. We recently got a gorgeous calico cat Sonia. She is wonderful!